Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Interview With Jay-Z



J.Z. Two letters that make Hip Hop salute to one who obviously paved the way for the new comers. Most Comfortable in his own skin, Jay-Z aka Shawn Carter is one of the most successful hip hop artists, and entrepreneurs in America but has the stats to back it up...Selling 40 million albums worldwide, while receiving ten Grammy Awards for his musical work, and numerous amounts of other nominations. Lucky me to have the chat..

Ms.A: SAU...Look at who decided to stop by..Mr.Jay-Z how are you today?

Jay-Z: I'm doing great today thank you, its about time I get invited to talk to Ms.A how are you today?

Ms.A: I'm great but whats been the hold up, you been hiding from me?

Jay-Z: I'm not hiding, I have been a little busy but I'm so happy to be here now

Ms.A: So we're about 5 months into the year, and there are so many rumors,chatter,and whispers about whats going on with you...you ready to clear everything up for SAU?

Jay-Z: LOL I'm ready to finally clear a few things up for SAU first thing I would like to say is, this is my favorite blog on the net you deliver respectable news, and good discussion that's something that is very rare nowadays.

Ms.A: thank you Jay that means a lot!

Jay-Z: Your welcome Ms.A

Ms.A: So getting right into it..Album wise you released the incredible Blue Print III last year, what was your primary objective going into this one?



Jay-Z: I wanted to of course release the best album I could, but I wanted to answer a lot of the haters, the bloggers and critics with this one because I hear everything! They say I wear flip flops,or I look like a camel,or I have lost my flow and my skill. It's all about evolution, so of course I'm not gonna be in the same place I was when I made the original Blueprint or Reasonable Doubt

Ms.A: I agree

Jay-Z: I think I would look pretty foolish rapping like I'm 20 when I'm 40 now!

Ms.A: So going back to what you just said..Critics saying "you lost your flow and skill"...what do you feel the difference is between your flow on 'Reasonable Doubt to the flow on Blue Print 3?

Jay-Z: I'm a grown ass man now Ms.A I cant flow about the Lexus', pushing weight or in the kitchen



Ms.A: LMAO!!!

Jay-Z: I would look pretty stupid rapping about selling drugs and in the hood when you can look on the Internet and see me on a yacht oversees on vacation. Ms.A I ask you...

Ms.A: Whatcha got?

Jay-Z: Can you imagine U2 sounding the same now like they did on the 'Joshua Tree' album back in 1987?

Ms.A: I do actually think every artist has to have a time when they grow up and mature through their music. 'Joshua Tree' was an amazing album but "No line on the Horizon" by U2 shows that their more than just your average 123 "Rock band" which in turn showed growth from A-B so I totally agree

Jay-Z: So as a rapper why cant I have that growth? Is it because I'm a rapper? Or is it most rappers have always put themselves in a box so they feel that they cant grow?

Ms.A: Well that brings another question...Do you categorize yourself as an 'Artist ,MC or a 'Rapper?

Jay-Z: I consider myself an Artist

Ms.A: I'll take it...

Ms.A: 'NY State of Mind'...Your first number one song, If you can take yourself back to the night you recorded it..Did you feel it was going to make as big as an impact as it has?



Jay-Z: I was given the beat and the hook first, and after I heard both it was kinda like a perfect storm. I felt the beat was so NY, and went so well with the hook. The night I recorded it was something magical, and when Alicia got on it I knew it was the one! Hopefully, it lives on like the other great New York songs from back in the day and I hope I did Sinatra proud! Shot out to Mike thanks for the record man!

Ms.A: Recently there have been shots fired your way,Some subliminal some blatant...


Jay-Z: right

Ms.A: Beanie Sigel who was your artist on Rocafella Records, had some choice words for you a couple months back and decided to talk very thoroughly about the ROC and business dealings that went on there, as well as other rappers..When you hear rappers want "WAR" what goes through your mind?

Jay-Z: The first thing that goes through my mind is that I'm sorry for them. Then I want to destroy them but you know, I realize that if I didn't have what I have they wouldn't care

(Jay-Z 'Takeover' diss record)



Ms.A: "Have what I have" meaning.....

Jay-Z: Have what I have meaning, 50 talks about me and says that I live off of Beyonce and other things, If I didn't have her he wouldn't be talking so he wants her.Than a few months after, he goes on radio or something saying that he would love to marry Beyonce, Lady Gaga, and some others...So they can keep talking about me but is that gonna pay there mortgage? keep there lights on?

Jay-Z: The problem is none of these guys can be themselves they want to copy me but they should want to be better than me

Jay-Z: They have no idea what my life is like, and I don't there's, so live your own man! That's just messy like a bunch of b*tches! I'm not labeling them bitches but there acting like it, so I'm not gonna answer them while they waste time making mix tape records, that get downloaded for free. I'm working on my new album!

Ms.A: Speaking of the ROC, the rumor mill has been going wild saying there were "Secret meetings" held regarding the ROC getting back together...Any Truth to that?

Jay-Z: There was a meeting, I don't know about the huge title that was placed on it LOL



Ms.A: Hey I'm giving it to you raw like I heard it LOL

Jay-Z: Its so funny to hear it like that

Ms.A: So you and Dame have spoken lately? You can't just leave us at "yes"

Jay-Z: There has not been any direct man to man convo, but I wrote him asking how he was that's all.

Ms.A: SAU..I tried... I'll leave it at that.. I have 2 yes or no questions for you...
1) Are you in a "secret cult" and or society"?

Jay-Z: This is my favorite thing they say about me, No I'm not in a secret cult! If the people were smart, and did a little reading, they would see that Black Folks are not accepted in those type of things

Jay-Z: I just want to mind my own business and live life, I'm a private person I don't need a "club" to make me feel good or important I just want to live!

Ms.A: And 2.) You previously said something about recording your next album, but is the word retirement in your vocabulary as of late?

Jay-Z: No its not, I don't have to be limited to that. One day I wont do it anymore, but I wont be announcing that I'm retiring. That was a pretty embarrassing saga I went through when I came back...

Jay-Z: So one day I just wont make anymore records, but I don't want to give it a title

Ms.A: So what do you say to the people that say your to old to be rapping?

Jay-Z: Don't buy my records.......Its a free country

Ms.A: There you have it! So lets say you were to give up rapping tomorrow...Who would be your number one draft pick for best rapper alive?

Jay-Z: Without a doubt Eminem

Ms.A: And if not Eminem?...

Jay-Z: Lil Wayne would have to be next, the man stays on his grind he is one of the best




Ms.A: What about the next King of NY?

Jay-Z: I don't think there will be another King Of New York "I think they will all pull together to sustain New York as a hip hop force"

Ms.A: Oh yeah? That's the best you could come up with Jay? SAU you see how the politically correct answer came in?

Jay-Z: LMAO, Ms.A no one has stepped to the front so if you don't have a star player than you have to win by team work Who do you think will be the next King of New York Ms.A?


Ms.A: Hey I'm not a NY resident so I can't answer that one, So I'll just say And I quote" I think they will all pull together to sustain as a hip hop force in NY" LMAO

Jay-Z: LMAO yeah, I'm not the only one who has had media training!

Jay-Z: SAU? who do you think will be the next King Of NY?

Ms.A: SAU Whatcha think I'm at a loss!

Ms.A: So How's marriage life Mr.?

Jay-Z: Its great, couldn't be better

Ms.A: So just great? Nothing important or exciting you want to share? cooking recipes? anything....

Jay-Z: LOL nah, I don't have anything I want to share... its fun

Ms.A: I think I'm about done asking all the questions I can think of but I'll end this by asking what's your next move...

Jay-Z: My next move is I'm working on a new album and I have some new artist I want to introduce to the world soon...

Ms.A: And with that being said...Thank you so much Mr.Carter for stopping by SAU you know I appreciate it!

Jay-Z: Your welcome Ms.A anytime! It was my pleasure, I had a lot of fun today with you getting your Katie Couric on.

85 comments:

  1. Great Interview Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn he said they will have to pull together in NY LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO I love this interview Ms.A you did your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ny won't have another King they are all lame rappers right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms.A your interviews are getting really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats the best pic I have ever seen of him

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview Ms.A!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Interview

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think if rappers would stop trying to be Jay then the rap game would come up 100% they are scared to be themselves but B.o.b wale and rappers like that are on the rise

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is still the greatest to ever do it in my opinion great job Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a very good interview Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  13. LMAO he thinks they will all come together! NY rappers have really fallen off there won't be another

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn Ms.A you have come a long way since your first interview!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Interview I think its hilarious he said they have to pull together

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn when did Jay get this personable?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Jay but Em is still the best to ever do it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great read he opened up WOW Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie Couric better watch out for Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats a grown ass man right there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. there are really no more good rappers in NY

    ReplyDelete
  22. He seems to know his music I love the U2 statement

    ReplyDelete
  23. Who will take his spot when he leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  24. There will have to be someone from another city to take the crown but Eminem is still the best rapper

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW Ms.A you got him to open up like this?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great interview Ms.A your getting really good

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is no next out of New York they all suck after Jay and Nas

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jay-Z is the man noone can take his spot in NY

    ReplyDelete
  29. What is Nas doing now with Damien Marley?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ms.A great interview he is my idol

    ReplyDelete
  31. who do yall think Won out of him and Nas?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Didnt those 2 album comeout this week?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jay won the life battle LOL

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nas won we all know that he killed Jay

    ReplyDelete
  35. but Jay is a better artist

    ReplyDelete
  36. Who is gonna take over N.Y FAB?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nas won with one record but Jay is the better artist

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nas slayed his ass

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ms.A you got to sit down with him I love it

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great interview you really drilled him

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have to agree that after Jay the NY scene is full of below average role players

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fabolous? Yeah right

    ReplyDelete
  43. Time for ATL to stepup and get ready Jezzy,Luda,and Tip

    ReplyDelete
  44. Nas beat him in the battle when ether came out that was a wrap

    ReplyDelete
  45. Kanye killed that Takeover track

    ReplyDelete
  46. Jeezy ain't a good rapper at all he can't do shit for the title

    ReplyDelete
  47. N.Y will be alright there is so many hot niggas that people arent talking about

    ReplyDelete
  48. Jay-Z as a whole is one of the greatest of all time

    ReplyDelete
  49. Congrats Ms.A this was an amazing read

    ReplyDelete
  50. LOL N.Y will not be alright.....thats why people arent talking about them SMH

    ReplyDelete
  51. LMAO I love how he answered the King of NY question someone new will have to come along because NY rappers have fallen off

    ReplyDelete
  52. I would love to hear these hot niggas that people aren't talking about

    ReplyDelete
  53. I would love to see him and Dame back

    ReplyDelete
  54. LOL rappers no one are talking about

    ReplyDelete
  55. If they got back Jay could be on top for the next 10 years

    ReplyDelete
  56. I don't know about that I think Dame is going in a totally different direction now with that new guy

    ReplyDelete
  57. Ms.A I have been following you from the start Im so proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  58. You got him to open up great job Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  59. Jay is the greatest of all-time!

    ReplyDelete
  60. LOL Fab takeover being king of New York.....and aliens will come and take me tonight

    ReplyDelete
  61. Jay swagg is so great I feel it through his words

    ReplyDelete
  62. I think Red Cafe might have something dont sleep on him

    ReplyDelete
  63. Great Interview Ms.A you held down BK baby!

    ReplyDelete
  64. What's up SAU I'm glad you guys enjoyed the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. We did and WE LOVE YOU MS.A!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Red Cafe LMFAO he ain't making no noise

    ReplyDelete
  67. noone is sleeping on red cafe he just ain't it

    ReplyDelete
  68. Red Cafe is not the next King Of New York

    ReplyDelete
  69. Jay is the most over rated rapper ever Nas kicked his ass and Em will eat him alive

    ReplyDelete
  70. Great Interview Ms.A he is one of my favorite rappers of all time

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great Interview Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  72. BK ALL DAY SON JAY IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great Interview Ms.A I never came here before today but you got a fan now

    ReplyDelete
  74. I think Fab is gonna hold down New York he is getting primmed and ready now

    ReplyDelete
  75. LMAO @ Last comment

    ReplyDelete
  76. LMAO Fab will never hold down NY he is not that good and his earlier work was much better

    ReplyDelete
  77. Its gonna be sad to see the New York hip hop scene once Jay retires it does not look good

    ReplyDelete