Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mary J Blige Set To Launch New Fragrance.....


The Grammy award-winning singer is launching her first fragrance with Carol's Daughter, a full-range beauty line that uses natural ingredients and was first famously invested in by stars Jay-Z, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, Thalia and Tommy Mottola.

The My Life fragrance is named in honor of Blige's 1994 album of the same title, which the songstress credits as her life's biggest turning point.

"I was crying out for help, because I was going through so much," Blige tells WWD of the time when she made the album.

"Four million women said, 'Mary, we're going through it too, but you're helping us by calling on us.' From that day on, I began speaking truths about my life, and about their lives. So it's a special tribute to us as women. My fans and I are smart now. We know we're smart now, but we didn't know it then. We know we're beautiful now, we didn't know it then. We're educated now, we didn't know it then. We're soft, we're edgy -- we're all those things. And I wanted this perfume to represent every female's everyday life," adds Blige.

My Life's top notes are gardenia, Bartlett pear and white freesia, with a heart of tuberose, blooming jasmine, gold lily and apricot flower. The drydown blends cashmere woods, praline, sesame and incense. Sold with a clutch purse, the scent will retail for $46 for a 1.7 oz spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment