Thursday, May 20, 2010

SAU On The Lawn Spotlight...The Black Keys



Take my badge, but my heart remains lovin' you..Baby child, Tighten up on your range your runnin wild, runnin wild..its true- Glorious quote from The Black Keys

The Black Keys are an American blues-rock music duo consisting of vocalist/guitarist Dan Auerbach and drummer/producer Patrick Carney. They were formed in Akron, Ohio in 2001.

The band is frequently compared to The White Stripes (also a blues-based musical duo of drums and vocals/guitar that started around the turn of the millennium) and to the stylings of The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, and Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead are fans of the band. Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett has also stated in an interview that he enjoys listening to the band. Arctic Monkeys' drummer Matt Helders can be seen in a Black Keys t-shirt in an interview on MTV's RAW....One of my favorite indie bands People check em' out...


The Black Keys "Tighten Up"

The Black Keys | MySpace Music Videos

16 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.A your still putting up the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you ready for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this band I thought they would have hit it big by now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this band and tighten up is a really good song

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this song really sounds good Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms.A are you ready for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of them before but I really like there song

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hell yeah I'm ready for the weekend this week went by really fast but I'm so tired guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. doesn't it trip you out that they look like they do and the sound that comes out is soulful as hell? I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does Ms.A I was not expecting them to make that noise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant wait for the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. There Amazing Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really good band Ms.A I love there song

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete