Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shani Davis Wins Gold In Mens Speed Skating.....



Have you guys been keeping up with the Winter Olympics? Its everywhere right? Well If you haven't, Speed skater Shani Davis used a push in his final lap in the men's 1000 meter race to become the first Olympic speed skater to win the event twice and the first U.S. speed skater to defend a gold medal title!

"I rightfully earned a spot and it's for me to do what I want to do with it," he said Wednesday after winning his third Olympic medal, following a gold and silver in 2006 in Turin. "Obviously, it's probably the right thing, because it helped me with my speed. Maybe skipping the second 500 [race] allowed me to recover. I needed all that strength and energy that last lap of the 1000.

"Without that last lap in the 1000, maybe I'm not a gold medalist right now."

Congrats to Shani!!

No comments:

Post a Comment