Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I get A Sample?....



"Latest Greatest Inspiration" is still to this day one of the most heartfelt songs to go around. From the "It's Time for Love" album which did quite well, peaking at #19 on the Billboard albums chart and #6 on the R&B album charts. It also spawned three singles: "I Can't Live Without Your Love" "You're My Latest, My Greatest Inspiration" (which peaked at #43 & #4 R&B), and "Nine Times Out of Ten/The Gift of Love".

Fast forwarding to 05' the year of shaking your tail feather and "Hollaback girls" this song rose once again from the Chicago based group (And highly praised in the Midwest) Do Or Die With their Kanye West produced song "Higher" Truly a vivid sample..



Do Or Die "Higher"

35 comments:

  1. Damn thats a really good sample

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms.A what you know about that Chi Town classic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kanye as a producer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now I'm from Illinois and I know Do or die are the truth since Twista po pimpin johnny P and playa like me and you...so what you know about that Chi town music?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kanye did a great job on the sample

    ReplyDelete
  6. You better tell them Ms.A you a chi town representa for life baby....Chi town has nothing on H-Town LOL..... Have you missed me Ms.A?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Timothy my long time college buddy that use to give me hell back in the day :) I have missed you buddy you forgot about SAU or something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chi Town for every baby I love you Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  9. H-Town wishes they could be like Chi Town

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms.A I love your sample post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to say Houston cant compete with Chicago because Chicago spends there time trying to copy off of NEW YORK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAAAAHHHH I was counting down the minutes until Jason came to say something about Chi-town but Mr. Jason we both know who is from Chicago that noone else talks about.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. plus one that we never talked about before....Mr. Quincy Jones reps Chicago TAKE THAT TAKE THAT...

    ReplyDelete
  14. THATS right baby the greatest of all time is from Chi town

    ReplyDelete
  15. No one respects us everyone fears us baby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great write up Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chicago has the best everything RESPECT US BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats right the best comes from Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Write up Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats where your wrong Ms.A the best come from D.C

    ReplyDelete
  21. But Chicago is an amazing city I love going there

    ReplyDelete