Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Can I Get A Sample??...


"Between the Sheets" is a quiet storm funk song released by American R&B/soul/funk band The Isley Brothers in 1983 off their album of the same name. The song made a huge impression on the Isleys' long legion of R&B fans who took the song to number three on the Billboard Top R&B Singles chart while it peaked at number one on Billboard's Bubbling Under chart. The song's R&B success helped their Between the Sheets album go platinum, the brothers' first platinum album since 1978's Showdown.

Fast forward to the times of today the song that once made us all want to get "Between the Sheets" now makes us want to turn the volume up and knock the "American Gangster" Album by Jay-Z in which the song "Ignorant Shit" samples the Isley Brothers in the best way possible...Check it out...
Sample starts at 3:29



12 comments:

  1. I love that sample in the Jay song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you guys think the Isley's will ever put out any new music?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the sheets was an amazing song

    ReplyDelete
  4. between te sheets was so good and I love Jay's version

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Isley Brothers are classic I love them and Jay killed that sample

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Isley's I would love t hear new material by them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jay killed this record I love that sample

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Isley Brothers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sample Ms.A I love both songs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really miss the Isley Brothers I can use one of there CD's right now

    ReplyDelete