Friday, January 15, 2010

New Music:M.I.A "Space Odyssey




Rolling Stone reports this song is an attack on the New York Times. Earlier this week, the Times published an article called “The 31 Places to Go in 2010″ that listed Sri Lanka at Number One. M.I.A., whose family has Sri Lankan Tamil roots, lashed out at the newspaper on her Twitter, countering NYT’s photographs of “scenic” Sri Lanka with images that literally show children torn apart by the country’s civil war between the Tamil and the Sinhalese government. “Here is the lush coastline they are talking about,” M.I.A. tweeted (warning: only click that link if you want to have your day ruined). “The song and video were made Monday night for $100, after the New York Times, as she says: ‘fucked up so hard,’ ” M.I.A.’s publicist told The Fader.
What? did you expect anything other than this from M.I.A? Kanye is gonna sample this and it's gonna be the truth LMAO!...I have no comment on this one I mean its M.I.A..Glad to have her back and protesting already!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about this one MIA it sounds horrible

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell was that MIA

    ReplyDelete