Thursday, April 15, 2010

SAU On The Lawn Spotlight....Dan Black


SAU on the lawn spotlight is shining light on the indie artists that don't get much recognition around campus....Little do we know they are on the complete come up and truthfully Indie is the new way to rise to the top so SAU is giving credit where its due...

Dan Black is a British wonky pop artist. He was originally a member of alternative rock band The Servant before their 2007 split, and he is also known as a guest vocalist for the Italian group Planet Funk. He is currently signed to Polydor Records, releasing his first two singles – "Alone" and "Yours" – in 2008. His breakthrough song was "HYPNTZ", a mashup of Notorious B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize" and Rihanna's "Umbrella".[3]

Black gained further popularity in 2009 when his album track "U + Me =" was chosen as the UK iTunes Store's Free Single of the Week. This single was later used as the signature tune for BBC Switch's 'The Cut'. His debut album UN was released on July 13, 2009. [4] The album was preceded by a single, "Symphonies" which was released after a successful performance at Glastonbury 2009 in the John Peel Tent.

So without further interruption Check out Mr.Black..

GO Ms.Chelsea!!!

14 comments:

  1. I like his song this is cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms.A this is a cool ass concept

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give all the credit to Ms.Chelsea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms.A you bring us the coolest stuff thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed Ms.Chelsea where has she been?

    ReplyDelete
  6. But do you guys see how creative this video is? I'm so pissed Indie artists dont get the recognition they deserve because this is insane man...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the video its very very creative

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool Ms.A! I love his song and I have never heard of him

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that your putting out great artist that does not get alot of air time

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been a fan of this song since I found it on ITUNES all of his material is really good

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this song its really good

    ReplyDelete