Thursday, April 15, 2010

Janell Monae Covers Honey Mag....



"When you get elevated/ They love it or they hate it/ You dance up on them haters/ Keep getting funky on the scene/ Why they jumpin' round ya/ They trying to take all your dreams/ But you can't allow it" -Glorious Quote From-Janelle Monae



Janell Monae On her New Video "Tightrope"



"The song is about balance. I’m an artist and I think it’s important that we don’t think too high or too low about anything, whether it’s praise or critical advice. Everyone thinks they’re a critic. I wanted to empower individuals but in a fun and funky way. Not a preachy type of way. We had a lot of fun shooting the video. It takes place at the Palace of the Doges. I’ve heard great things about this place, Jimi Hendrix [and] Charlie Parker [performed] there. I got the opportunity to go there and really study the vibe. This was a time when dancing was forbidden, so I re-enacted a particular rebellious scene that happened. You will get more narratives of my experience at the Palace of Doges as we continue to finish the visuals. It’s an introduction to what it was like staying at this historical building."

Check out Ms.Monae get on the goodfoot for her new video "Tightrope"

1 comment: