Thursday, April 22, 2010

SAU On The Lawn Spotlight...Silversun Pickups




Silversun Pickups is an alternative rock band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 2002. The band comprises lead vocalist and guitarist Brian Aubert, vocalist and bassist Nikki Monninger, drummer Christopher Guanlao and keyboardist Joe Lester.

The band released their debut EP, Pikul, in July 2005, and their debut full-length album, Carnavas, on July 26, 2006. Their second full length album, Swoon, was released on April 14, 2009.

The band members are friends who had played together previously or in mutual friends' bands. They got their start in many of the most important L.A. clubs, most often at Silverlake Lounge or nearby Spaceland, and began to draw a strong following upon the release of the Pikul EP.

The band originated in L.A.'s Silver Lake music scene, home of Elliott Smith, Rilo Kiley and others.

The band was originally called A Couple of Couples. Their current name comes from a liquor and convenience store across from the Silverlake Lounge and near their house at Sunset and Silverlake Blvds in Los Angeles. In interviews, however, the band often say their name is more of "a state of mind," supposedly from living so close to everything an L.A.-based indie rock band would need late at night. For Pikul, fellow Silverlaker Tanya Haden was enlisted to play cello.

So without Further prolonging Check em' out...(Love the bass line at 3:30)

15 comments:

  1. Ms.A what you know about them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a huge fan of them I hope more people recognize them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panic switch is one of my fav songs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Ms.A you find the best new artist

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bass line is killer I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn that bass line omg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There one of my fav bands there great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms.A I love how on top of the music you are

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms.A your into the indie ciruit are you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been a fan of theres for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  11. SAU I'm a fan of it all.. I'd be I'd be so embarrassed to show you my iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dont be embarrased Ms.A my Ipod is all over the place I would never show it to anybody

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for putting them on the site I love the song Im going to research them more now

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this song I never heard of them before

    ReplyDelete