Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Interview With Eminem....



Arguably the best rapper alive, Marshall Mathers stepped foot on this thing called rap and turned it completely upside down! Selling more than 80 million albums worldwide to date, making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world, but Eminem has never forgotten where he's come from. The academy awards, The grammys,The albums sold is what we're getting to in this interview. Eminem made me step my game up 50x's bringing the big questions out for this one, but everytime I step it up, Eminem Steps it up just a tad higher... and although he's sold everything he could and basically done it all, he is absolutely one of the most Down to Earth motherfuc*ers I've ever met. Check it out...


Ms.A: What an honor it is to have you here at SAU Eminem how are you and how have you been?

Eminem: I have been great and I have been watching this SAU empire grow congrats on all of your success Ms.A!

Ms.A: You know that means a lot coming from you so thank you so much!

Ms.A: So The Grammys, the controversy, the records sold, I want to talk about it all...

Eminem: You got it, that's what I'm here for.

Ms.A: So your of course from Detroit Michigan, but growing up in Detroit, how do you think that influenced you as the rapper you are today?

Eminem: Growing up in Detroit has influenced me a lot, its not easy to make it to 21, let alone be successful coming from Detroit, but we're a hard working blue collar type of people, so that gave me the love and passion for what I put in my rhymes, and the strength to keep going.

Ms.A: Going back to the beginning... getting signed to Dr. Dre, you released the hard hitting 'Slim Shady LP' which made you significantly stand out among the rest, one because rap has never heard a rapper break out the box as you did and two...well..the obvious..Did you think that after the success of your first album, the train would continue and eventually blow up as it has?



Eminem: Ms.A, I could never dream of the success that has come after that album. I wish I could say I knew it was gonna be like this no one knew, but with the good comes an equal amount of bad so I don't see myself as a superstar at all, I feel blessed.

Ms.A: The Marshall Mathers LP which is the fastest selling solo album in history..where were you mentally going into this one?

Eminem: I was scared out of my mind working with Dr.Dre! I also knew that this was my last chance if I didn't make this happen it never was gonna happen being a White male trying to break into an African American dominated business and get respect has an extremely high difficult rate of success, so I knew only had one shot!

Ms.A: Do you think Dr.Dre felt the pressure as well?

Eminem: Hell No! I'm just a white boy from Detroit, his legacy was made with or without me NWA,Tupac little old me was just a blip!

Ms.A: Around the time the MMLP hit, we had your TRL's your 106&parks and other shows that boosted sales and likability of artists, giving them the chance to express themselves on a more global level..now that shows like that are basically extinct do you think artists no longer have a crutch and their music should speak for itself?

Eminem: Well as an artist, a lot of things are taking from under you. We don't have our own music to stand on because it gets taken from us. But of course its hard. I remember when I would go to TRL and Times Square would be shut down and millions of people would watch!


Ms.A: The good old days...

Eminem: Its not fair for me to really say because I'm fortunate to have built a brand in the "Good Ol Days". So the true wonder is how artist like B.o.B come from nothing grind and have the entire world against him to come and deliver 2 hits songs and a #1 record...


Eminem: It comes down to now a days that either you have a hell of a gimmick and a catchy song and you go #1, or you have a rare talent to breakthrough. There's gonna be a lot of good artist that get caught in the matrix and not noticed...

Ms.A: Damn good answer!

Ms.A: So how do you separate Eminem from Marshall Mathers? I saw the click just now but how do you separate the two?

Eminem: Its like when you punch in the time clock for work, when its time to work I become Eminem. When I'm living real life I'm Marshall its simple as that. Now I'm a fan of Beyonce's music and I'm not dissing her at all, but I don't have a persona, I'm not going 'Sasha fierce' and shit I don't want people to think that, but Eminem is just a job nothing more nothing less. Marshall is a man,a good friend,and more than anything a Father.

Ms.A: So with you selling millions of albums, worldwide tours, Grammy's and having the longest running number one in hip hop with 'Loose yourself'..can you relax?


Eminem: I went away for about 4 years Ms.A ,you want me to go again? LOL

Ms.A: Now you know relaxing and leaving are two different things!

Eminem: Seriously, one day I'm just gonna relax and sit down for good. I'm not gonna make a big deal about it, you just wont hear from me again.

Ms.A: Damn, and I'm suppose to just take that?

Eminem: LOL I'm not gonna make a big fuss Ms.A, I came and did what I had to do, and I don't want the farewell tour, I'm just gonna go home and finish raising my kid. I wont be 50 out here yelling 'I'm not afraid'

Ms.A: LOL

Eminem: At that point you damn right I'm afraid....Afraid I'm gonna cardiac arrest on stage!

Ms.A: LMAO!! So on to this new album...April 13th of this year you tweeted there is no 'Relapse 2' but the new album is now titled "Recovery" what can we expect on this one?

Eminem: I hope a lot of music you will like. I'm trying to kill off the accent and just rap. Trying to deliver a good solid album for my fans. There's also a few collabos that people wouldn't expect from me this time around.



Ms.A: like you just stated on this new single 'Not Afraid' you drop the accent and give us a more positive uplifting style of song..does this reflect where you are in life now?

Eminem: It does reflect that I'm sober I'm trying to be a better Dad I'm trying to be a better man! I have evolved but that's normal its time to stop acting like someone and be who I am.

Ms.A: You don't feel your past work is who you were or have grown to be now?

Eminem: It was who I was at the time, but if I would try to act like that now than I would be acting I have grown a lot in the last few years...

Ms.A: Speaking of Growth, the lyrics 'Lets be honest the last relapse album was ehhhhhh'..how do you as an artist get comfortable in yourself to say that about your own work?


Eminem: If you cant be honest with yourself ,than your lost as a human, I read reviews and I heard what my fans said, and they all had the same complaints and that was it. I wanted to let my fans know that I hear them and I listened they deserved that!

(Eminem 'Not Afraid')


Ms.A: All in all is "Recovery' some of your best work?

Eminem: I think its some of my best, but I wont know until my fans hear it and make that decision. I'm not high on glorifying my own work that's not my place.

Ms.A: So I'm going to ask this question but I'm definitely bracing myself... But What is your take on the music industry today?

Eminem: The Shit Sucks!

Ms.A: LMFAO!!

Eminem: We are force fed what radio programmers want us to listen to! Go through the top 10 hot 100 how many songs will be remembered or are even good?

Eminem: Its sad, but you have 1 or 2 good producers putting out good songs and a handful of artist, and when good artist come along we don't appreciate them Leona Lewis' Cd was great, but in America we are so caught up with women who where the whackest outfits I have ever witnessed in my life, but we ignore damn good music? how sad!

Eminem: Ms.A, I was in Europe listening to the popular radio station and 6 artist who came on in a row on the station were Adele,Sia,Leona Lewis,John Legend, U2, and Amy winehouse. What radio station will give you a 5 song set like that?

Eminem: That's why truthfully in about 5 more years only Europeans will have great music and we wont! How many radio spins you think Amy Winehouse gets a week in the U.S Ms.A?

Ms.A: I believe below what she completely deserves! I think Amy Whinehouse set the bar high for a bunch of females but we fell short after she left...

Eminem: Your right! We have fallen short and according to sound scan she got 26 spins all of last week in America. That's a shame with all of the radio stations we have.

Ms.A: SAU let that marinate...

Ms.A:Eminem it was such an honor having you chat with SAU I appreciate it more than you know!

Eminem: Anytime Ms.A thank you for such a great interview. Thanks For the support SAU!

153 comments:

  1. How did you get this out of him Ms.A?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing interview I hope he does great in first week sales I have bought 3 copies of recovery I hope he gets close to a milli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing interview Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing interview Ms.A you killed it the best interview I have read with him yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms.A I love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This guy is the best fucking rapper ever Ms.A EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was overseas listening to whatever station he was they have awesome music I bet throughout the day

    ReplyDelete
  8. His new CD is something special everybody needs to go buy it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms.A your the best fucking site ever Ms.A Im sure other sites will start hating on you after this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its one thing to be the best but I can't believe how smart he is

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing read Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  12. They can't hate on Ms.A she showing them how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys seemed like you were just having a regular conversation Ms.A Damn your good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ms.A was he really this cool?

    ReplyDelete
  15. He seemed to like you Ms.A how lucky are you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview Ms.A and he is the coolest mother fucker ever

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ms.A you are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  18. Damn did you guys see what he had to say about the music industry? He is telling the truth

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is telling the truth but its kind of like were in quick sand and we cant get out.I dont know what the music industry is gonna do.Michael should be turning in his grave

    ReplyDelete
  20. Atleast Eminem's song with Rihanna is #1 on ITUNES lets make that bitch debut at #1 on the hot 100 and dethrone that Californina Girls bullshit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ms.A your the best because this interview rocks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Californig Girls is a very well written song you guys...Although its pop thats the essence about it so don't dog Katy and Max Martin like that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ms.A you respect music so much I love you

    ReplyDelete
  24. California girls is very well written the best written "True" pop song out right now.But on the other side it gets real old to anybody over the age of 25.I hope the Em and Rihanna song take it thats my shit

    ReplyDelete
  25. I see why he is a lyrical genius look how smart he is!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great interview Ms.A without a doubt your best yet

    ReplyDelete
  27. It can get old hearing it on the radio but don't hate because she is number one

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing interview Ms.A you are the best I love youuuuuuu!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. His CD is off the chain big up's to you Ms.A you rocked this interview

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww thank you guys for liking it! Have I stepped my game up atleast a tad bit? I value you guys' opinion....;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I bought 7 copies of his CD I have to make sure I keep them in a safe deposit box because one day when my kids get old they will be worth something

    ReplyDelete
  32. MS.A YOUR THE FUCKING BESSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT how much higher do you want to go? Who have you not interviewed?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eminem,Bono,Jay.....and alot more I cant think of who is next to top yourself after this?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Eminem is the smartest rapper in the game

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think I remember you did Drake and Lil Wayne too

    ReplyDelete
  36. Guys its not about how many interviews I get and all that to me I don't care about hits and lame crap like that all I care about is showing that Artists are real people too and 9 times out of ten they do respect their craft...I.E Eminem and others I'm just lucky that you guys and them understand where I'm trying to go thanks people!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ms.A you real as hell man

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ms.A that was a really real ass statement you just said thats why I love you

    ReplyDelete
  39. But as your students we can brag on you for a little bit Ms.A has done every big person in musice I think the only person she has not done is Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This interview was amazing Ms.A you killed it and he opened up to you I cant believe it.He seems like he does not like to talk to many people

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ms.A you are real. I'm a blogger and I read your blog everyday you are doing it girl congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Its a really captavaiting read and you did your thing Ms.A congrats I hope you take a few celebratory shots tonight you deserve it after this one

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ms.A Im gonna throw it back on your ass remember when you interviewed Ms.World and the runner up I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. LOL Jessica we all have a growing process we have to go through...So don't try to play me I thought I was Katie Couric then I swear :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. You interviewed Ms.World Ms.A?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great interview Ms.A I dont know about Katie Couric than but your looking at her now Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is to me by far Eminem's best album he made up for the last one ten times

    ReplyDelete
  48. When Ms.A interviews Beyonce thats it guys thats gonna be her swan song I think and than we will see her on TV

    ReplyDelete
  49. No one can stop Eminem you think he's going to pull in a millie his first week?

    ReplyDelete
  50. Amazing interview Ms.A he is my favorite rap artist and you did an amazing interview.I need to take some lessons from you and Im not kidding

    ReplyDelete
  51. Em I LOVE YOU I bought 10 albums yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I think he will sell 800k what yall think?

    ReplyDelete
  53. I dont think a millie is possible in this time anymore but I think he will be close

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ms.A is he the highest selling rap artist of all time?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Man he really opened up to you Ms.A all these artists do I think they like you because you don't talk bad about them just the music Congrats Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  56. He seems to like B.o.B he does not usually say much about an artist like that

    ReplyDelete
  57. Who doesn't like B.o.B? he is the last real artist to come out

    ReplyDelete
  58. Em really seems to know his shit

    ReplyDelete
  59. Ms.A please dont leave us I feel like Im in a relationship and when the girl starts to slip away for something better.The only higher person you can interview is Beyonce and after that I think your gonna have an announcement that your leaving us to something bigger and better.I wish you much success but please dont leave us

    ReplyDelete
  60. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Amazing interview Ms.A you killed it without a doubt you killed it.Amazing read and you got him to open up and he is really smart

    ReplyDelete
  62. Ok... I have had an interview with Beyonce' in my early career but I never put it out so thats not the 'defining moment' I have a purpose to show people good music and it looks like we have a long hike up this hill so I'm here as long as you guys will have me

    ReplyDelete
  63. Eminem will you come say something to us?

    ReplyDelete
  64. you are so good i love you Eminem

    ReplyDelete
  65. Eminem would never talk on a blog would he?

    ReplyDelete
  66. I can see Ms.A leaving if she interviews her I dont think this is her stop she has bigger places to go I feel.She has to much talent to just stay here

    ReplyDelete
  67. I know and Ms.A got him she is the best

    ReplyDelete
  68. Eminem is the best rapper in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Damn she had an interview with her and never put it out......Ms.A is stunting on you hoes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  70. Ms.A amazing interview!!!!! you did your thing

    ReplyDelete
  71. My defining moment will be when the top 10 albums on Billboard all sell 100,000 plus in the first week...See how long you guys have to deal with me? LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  72. If I was another blogger I would feel shitty she just said she had an interview with Beyonce but left it in her pocket DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Eminem will sell 700k I think especially after people see how smart he is he is not all about being 'Industry' as they like to say

    ReplyDelete
  74. Give them hell Ms.A great interview

    ReplyDelete
  75. EM is gonna do 600k I think

    ReplyDelete
  76. Damn when was the last time the top 10 all sold 100k? thats good trivia Ms.A if I find the answer do I when a prize?

    ReplyDelete
  77. Eminem made us really open our eyes one day Europeans will be the only ones with music we don't appreciate shit

    ReplyDelete
  78. No offense but I never knew eminem had something to say like this

    ReplyDelete
  79. We do have it pretty good in the U.K as in terms of music now if you guys can keep Rihanna off of our bloddy shores it will be even better

    ReplyDelete
  80. I never knew he could open up like this either he seems so quite and reserved like he does not want to be bothered

    ReplyDelete
  81. Great interview Ms.A he is one of the coolest guys ever

    ReplyDelete
  82. Everybody go support him and get the album

    ReplyDelete
  83. LOL we will trade you Rihanna U.K for Adele?

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love how Ms.A says he is one of the most down to earth motherfuckers ever because thats how he came across on this interview

    ReplyDelete
  85. Most of us dont want Rihanna over here anyway

    ReplyDelete
  86. Eminem has a lot of stuff on his mind I can't believe he cares this much about music

    ReplyDelete
  87. I have been in the U.K for the last month and Im sad that I got to comeback tomorrow because the music out here is amazing and so good.Eminem is right about that

    ReplyDelete
  88. EMINEM THE BEST FUCKING RAPPER IN THE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Do you guys wonder why we have so much horrible music on radio Eminem made me think hard on that one

    ReplyDelete
  90. LOL the U.S cant have Adele nice try she is our baby you guys dont appreciate her like we do

    ReplyDelete
  91. Amazing interview Ms.A you slayed it and he took everything you threw at him and vice versa.I think you will be a journalist one day for somebody huge

    ReplyDelete
  92. We wouldn't appreciate her but with Ms.A's help we will soon and we're coming for her LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  93. The reason we have so much horrible music is because we have these artist who should not be artist.And they put out these catchy clesae songs that are rotting our kids brains.So the kids that aspire to be producers and songwriters want to make the next "Rude Boy" and not "Chasing Pavements".So we will have a cycle of this that wont stop

    ReplyDelete
  94. Hopefully Friday and the weekend will be filled with Michael Jackson so it will be a pleasent time at home on the radio

    ReplyDelete
  95. Amazing interview Ms.A I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  96. I cant believe you never put a Beyonce interview thats crazy! I hope you do a new one and I hope you never leave us we love you Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Its a damn shame were stuck with that kool aid haired heffa over here Im moving to the U.K

    ReplyDelete
  98. ..I hope I do another Beyonce' interview too people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  99. I just researched that chasing pavements song I never heard it a day in my life and man was it so amazing it gave me chills

    ReplyDelete
  100. Amazing interview Ms.A what a great read and you really interviewed him good your getting better everytime out

    ReplyDelete
  101. Emimem and Ms.A really made a difference in my thinking today

    ReplyDelete
  102. Eminem is a down to earth motherfucker LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Eminem was nice for letting Drake have atleast one week at number one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  104. Ms.A you bring out the biggest rapper in the world and students I have never heard of come out of the woods I love it

    ReplyDelete
  105. Great interview Im shocked he is so down to earth he almost seems likeable as a person

    ReplyDelete
  106. You asked some great questions Ms.A and your good

    ReplyDelete
  107. I would just love to have one conversation with Eminem he is so smart

    ReplyDelete
  108. His album is classic hands down Im so happy he is back

    ReplyDelete
  109. Ms.A great interview and very very insightful

    ReplyDelete
  110. Ms.A you did an amazing interview with him you asked some great questions and it was very entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  111. Ms.A Im going to school for Journalisim at the University Of Kansas where did you got to journalisim school at? you are very good

    ReplyDelete
  112. Ms.A you killed this interview he was so personable with you

    ReplyDelete
  113. LOL truthfully I never went to school for Journalisim, I went for fashion Merchandising but I guess that wasn't my thing..School isn't for everyone but you should teach me some intricate things about journalism I could stand to learn alot!

    ReplyDelete
  114. I think he is the best rapper in history I hate that people wont give him that because he is a white boy

    ReplyDelete
  115. Ms.A you were a fashion major?

    ReplyDelete
  116. WOW Ms.A you never went to school for journalism?

    ReplyDelete
  117. Your not a record producer Ms.A your really not?

    ReplyDelete
  118. Ms.A how did you get hear with the music your really good I would have thought you were a producer or a music major

    ReplyDelete
  119. OMG I love him so much I brought CD's for my entire family thank you for coming back Eminem and dont leave us

    ReplyDelete
  120. OMG guys we will be here all day talking about my past with music....

    ReplyDelete
  121. Eminem is the greatest rapper to ever live hands down fuck a white or black

    ReplyDelete
  122. He should go down in history as the best ever in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  123. Ms.A you have shut the game down

    ReplyDelete
  124. Ms.A I cant believe his knowledge is so advanced like that

    ReplyDelete
  125. Ms.A you FUCKING ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  126. You not a real journalist Ms.A wow!

    ReplyDelete
  127. You rock Ms.A Eminem is so cool Im going by his CD because of this interview

    ReplyDelete
  128. Ms.A you have made my life I love that man

    ReplyDelete
  129. does anyone else think Eminem is fine?

    ReplyDelete
  130. OMG Ms.A Im so jealous of you I love him and his music is so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  131. He is so smart and on his shit

    ReplyDelete
  132. Ms.A congrats on everything you killed this interview......The baddest bitch on the net is right here

    ReplyDelete
  133. I loved the interview its crazy how you got him to open up I didnt know he had this side in him

    ReplyDelete
  134. I think he will do upper 700k in his first week

    ReplyDelete
  135. he has grown so much as an artist and as a person it seems

    ReplyDelete
  136. Amazing interview Ms.A you did your thing congrats

    ReplyDelete
  137. Ms.A I love your blog you give us the best thank you

    ReplyDelete
  138. Ms.A you are officially the interviewer to the music stars you get them to open up so much congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  139. Can you believe he knew his music like that such a smart man

    ReplyDelete
  140. I think he will do a million in a week

    ReplyDelete
  141. nothing interesting in music since Monday the relsease of this album

    ReplyDelete
  142. His album is classic I think all of his songs go hard

    ReplyDelete
  143. This was an amazing interview he really opened up and Ms.A asked him excellent questions.This is the most I have ever witnessed him open up

    ReplyDelete
  144. I think he will do 850k his first week

    ReplyDelete
  145. Great Interview Ms.A your best yet

    ReplyDelete
  146. I did not know he was so musically inclined

    ReplyDelete
  147. He made great points about the industry today

    ReplyDelete
  148. Great Interview Ms.A Im so proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  149. Eminem is one of the most coolest motherfuckers around

    ReplyDelete
  150. He is my favorite artist and Ms.A did a great job on the interview

    ReplyDelete
  151. My best friend also made some music for him on this album so please go support it

    ReplyDelete