Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Interview With Amy Lee.....



Amy Lynn Hartzler, better known as Amy Lee, a singer-songwriter, classically trained pianist, and Lead vocalist of the everlasting rock band Evanescence. In this interview the up beat, fun Amy Lee lets us into her personal influences ranging from LaRoux, Mariah and Leona Lewis, To whom it is that she thinks has the best vocals around..Bursting on the scene in 03' selling around 15 million records world wide, She tells us that although trouble stirred in the Evanescence crew they are still here to stay...

Ms.A: Amy 'The Voice' Lee Welcome to SAU how are you today?

Amy Lee: LOL Hi Ms.A! I'm doing great today I'm so happy to be talking to you!

Ms.A: The pleasure is all mine, I'm happy to have you here! Since the album 'The Open Door" released in 06' with the two major singles 'Call Me When Your Sober' and 'Lithium', you personally have been fairly quite. We've heard talks about a new Evanescence album but other than that what have you been up to for the last 4 years?

(Lithium Evanescence)




Amy Lee: It does not even seem that long because even though I have been out of the spotlight it has been a wild ride! We suffered the loss of a few band members, and legal issues. After that I had to step away because all of my creative juices were dead, so I had to find a good place in my mind again. So for the last year we have been prepping for the new album.

Ms.A: So since regaining your creative juices, how do you feel you've grown musically?

Amy Lee: I feel like I have opened my mind up to different influences and with traveling to different cultures like India, and Japan, I have been able to open myself up to a whole new world that seems so far beyond the regular '9-5 music' as I like to call it. So my hope is that it translates well into the new work were about to put out.

Ms.A: Going back to what you said previously about losing a couple members in a very open split, your record label released a press release in 07' discussing basically out with the old and in with the new..

Amy Lee: right...

Ms.A: Being that the Evanescence sound that your fans are use to is very heavy Goth & rock/Alternative metal, will the sound now remain the same or has it evolved?

Amy Lee: Were gonna stick to what makes us who we are, but there will be certain new elements like I have a 'secret love crush' on LeRoux LOL so some of that sound will be in there for sure. Who cant love it her sound? its so infectious to me I love it!

(LaRoux 'Bulletproof')


Ms.A: in 09' your former band mates along with Carly Smithson formed 'We are the fallen" the rumors and distinctive similarities have already started, but for the record what are your feelings about 'We are the fallen'?

(We are the fallen)


Amy Lee: Well Of course I knew the similarities were coming with that, but I think they will do well. Carly has a nice voice I liked her on American Idol. But I also think what made Evanescence different was our uniqueness, so I hope they find there own style.....

Ms.A: Do you think that Evanescence made the Goth rock/Alternative sound? (The original Evanescence)

Amy Lee: Oh no its not my place to really say that, but I hope we are a good note in history when its all said and done, that's all I can hope for.



Ms.A: 'The Open Door', Certified platinum a month after its release in the states, 5x's platinum as of today world wide..do you feel the pressure going into another album with new band mates to sell more than last time?

Amy Lee: Well I'm not going to give you the answer of 'no we don't feel pressure, and that we don't expect to sell more'

Ms.A: I was ready for the politically correct answer Amy LOL

Amy Lee: LOL! As far as the album sales, we cant worry about it because to sell 5 million in this day and age you have to be someone other than us so we don't think its realistic. The thing we hope for is that our fans love the music if we can do that than we have made this album a success!

Ms.A: So about what percentage of this new album is finished?

Amy Lee: I will say 70% we are working with some great people and were putting it together. I feel like the hardest part is over, we just have to continue the flow and make sure we take care of the small things.

Ms.A: Most people agree you have a very distinctive voice that differs from any other voice in the music industry..Some even say the best in your genre but what other female singers do you look up to?

Amy Lee: I love Mariah's voice she has always been one of my favorites. I love Aretha and I think Leona Lewis is amazing! I would love to work with her one day


Ms.A: A Leona Lewis Amy Lee song? WHEW!!!

Amy Lee: I love her voice so much, but my hero is not a female singer, I love an idolize Freddie Mercury of Queen I love him

(Freddie Mercury 'Queen')


Ms.A: Good One! We all have different takes on the music industry as a whole but what do you think this music industry and music as a whole is missing?


Amy Lee: Good Music!

Ms.A: Plain and simple!

Amy Lee: If we had good music it would take care of itself . Its almost like to get a hit song you can look in a book and come up with it you know? Its like there's instructions you can follow, but I bet Barry Gordy didn't do that back in the day! We're losing the heart in our music only a few artist and producers make good music now a days.Back in the day you had a bunch of people!

Ms.A: I agree totally!

Ms.A: Give us Amy lee in 5 words...

Amy Lee: A .person. who .loves . hard.

Ms.A: I can imagine your personal fans would love to hear a solo album from you so If Amy Lee was to do a solo album what would be your dream collaborations?...Producers and talent

Amy Lee: Ah man Ms.A, Leona Lewis,Paul McCartney,Greg Wells,Rod Temperton, Kings of Leon, I think the lead singer is a cutie, and just for fun I recorded a verse on there song 'Crawl' of course its not out, I did it for myself but I'm A huge fan of Kings Of Leon!

Ms.A: Of course the question every one wants to know, will you do a solo album one day?

Amy Lee: You know, I'm just focused on my band and giving our fans the best music possible as of right now.

Ms.A: Well Ms. Amy Lee thank you for giving me such great convo today I really appreciate it!!


Amy Lee: your welcome Ms.A thank you so much for having me, and thank you SAU!!

55 comments:

  1. Good Interview Ms.A I cant wait for the album

    ReplyDelete
  2. She gave some real answers I hope she goes solo in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Interview Ms.A Im excited to hear what there album is gonna sound like

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to research Freddie Mercury more alot of people seems to like him alot

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont think this album will be good as there others I think the chemistry is messed up

    ReplyDelete
  6. She needs her former band members I think to make it really work

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think she needs her former members she was the voice

    ReplyDelete
  8. The other members are dead ass wrong for getting another girl that looks just like her they suck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im not familiar with them but the songs you posted so good Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im gonna try to expand my ear and follow them any song you suggest I start at Ms.A?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the album is gonna be great myself she cant do wrong with that voice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you should listen to Lithium 'call me when your sober',and 'going under' those were my favorites...Aww look at hip hop head Tony expanding his ear (Tear)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats real shady of her other band members to do

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe they did that to her but what goes around comes around I don't think the other band will do good they are copying

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn those are some good songs you just said Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use to love going under! I love you AMY LEE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her amazing interview Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mercury is the greatest singer of all time without a doubt even she knows that

    ReplyDelete
  20. She needs to go solo ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  21. This album will do nothing but push her back she needs to fly solo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sober was my favorite song that they have done

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im excited for the album she cant do wrong her voice is so angelic

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ms.A your so lucky to have met her

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe her old band did that

    ReplyDelete
  26. Her and Leona Lewis.......My ears just had an eargasm

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job Ms.A I loved the interview

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great interview I would love to hear a Leona and her track that would be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think there next CD will be very good there working with great people so I think its gonna be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great interview Ms.A it was a great read

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think there album is going to be really good without a doubt with the people they got working on it.It will be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG I love Amy Lee and she is so pretty and her voice is out of this world

    ReplyDelete
  34. Im so excited for her album Im a huge fan how lucky are you Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good interview Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this band her voice is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I didnt know she was a classically trained pianist

    ReplyDelete
  38. She is hot and she can sing it gets no better

    ReplyDelete
  39. Evanesence mixed with Laroux that should be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love La Roux! I think it is so sexy she said she has a girl crush on her

    ReplyDelete
  41. La Roux rocks I love her music Im so excited that there trying to infuse the sounds

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great interview Ms.A Im so ready for there next album its been to long

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think its an insult that her former band members are doing a band with a girl that looks just like her

    ReplyDelete
  44. Atleast Amy sounds much better than her

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think that there next album will be epic in so many ways her voice is amazing I think that she has gotten with the right producers its a perfect balance

    ReplyDelete
  46. I want her to go solo so she can shine

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm an Amy Lee fan so whatever she does solo or band I'm down with it Lithium got me from the start

    ReplyDelete
  48. Another great piece of literature Ms.A great read

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm smiling ear to ear for the next couple weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great Interview Ms.A your getting really good

    ReplyDelete
  51. I would love to see her and KOL do a record I think it would be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  52. Her and Leona together would be a dream come true I cant think on that to hard

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm an Amy Lee fan no matter what she does. Her voice is out of this world! I LOVE YOU AMY!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete