Thursday, June 24, 2010

SAU On The Lawn Spotlight....Broken Bells



Broken Bells is an American indie rock band featuring artist–producer Brian Burton (better known as Danger Mouse) and James Mercer, the lead vocalist and guitarist for the Portland indie rock band The Shins. The project was first announced on Tuesday, September 29, 2009. The pair decided to work together after meeting at the Roskilde Festival, a Danish music festival, in 2004 and finding they were fans of each other's work. It took four more years before the two started working together and by March 2008 Mercer and Burton began recording together in secret at Burton's Los Angeles-based studio. The two describe their material as "melodic, but experimental, too."

But I think this is nice 'full music' (If you will) They have obviously a lot of melodic material but their transitions within their music is very defined...Love it!





8 comments:

  1. I thought Danger Mouse was in Gnarles Barkley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool song either way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Danger Mouse Fan I think he is in this one and Gnarles barkley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice band Ms.A but I wish Gnarles would do another CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good band Ms.A I never heard of them before

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice band I really like the song

    ReplyDelete