Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Music: Jazmine Sullivan 'Holding You Down"(Goin' In Cricles)





It looks like Ms. 'I need You Bad' is back with her new single 'Holding You Down'. This song samples: Mary J Blige 'Be Happy', From what I hear 'The Firm (Nas, AZ, Foxy Brown, Cormega) 'Affirmative action'(below), and Slick Rick's 'La Di Da Di, and from what it sounds Biz Markie's 'Make The Music With your Mouth' & "The Honey Drippers 'Impeach The President' (LOL check me out)

I'm a fan of Jazmine's voice, But when I think of Jazmine's very emotional deeply rooted vocals and all that damn soul, I see a plain melody letting her blast through the whole thing exposing her vocals...One might say that all these samples do nothing for her crown jewel which is her voice. But I think Jazmine could sing anything for anyone and make it soulful, so being that this is more hip hop/R&B as opposed to straight R&B/Soul which I think Jazmine could have on complete lock, this is pretty aight to me nothing more..SAU whatcha think is this the one for Jazmine?


8 comments:

  1. Why in the hell are that many songs sampled here and Ms.A how in the hell did you catch all of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a mess of samples Jazmine I hope you didn't pay for this LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms.A you just know your shit way too much

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does not do anything for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not what I was expecting with her being gone so long

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all over the place

    ReplyDelete