Tuesday, June 15, 2010

M.I.A Covers Billboard Magazine...


Seen just about everywhere lately M.I.A Covers the July 2010 issue of Billboard Magazine. The very eclectic singer talks candidly about her spat with NY times..

Fact is, M.I.A. is forthright in addressing last week's media cause célèbre. Does she regret doing the Times story?

"Not really," she replies. "I kind of knew what it was going to be.

"I said, 'Fuck the New York Times,' " she continues, referring to a series of tweets earlier this year in which she objected to the newspaper's coverage of the conflict in Sri Lanka between Sinhalese and Tamil factions. (Although M.I.A.'s mother moved herself and her children to London when M.I.A. was young, the artist's father remained in war-torn Sri Lanka, taking part in various Tamil opposition efforts.) "Of course they weren't going to be like, 'Hi! How you doing? We love you!' "

(BB)

3 comments:

  1. Im starting to really like her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im excited to see how her album comes out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait for her album I will be getting it soon as it comes out

    ReplyDelete