Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tears For A Never Forgotten Fear....


I bet most of you are wondering who in the hell are these two white men right?... Well have you ever awoke with a song in your heart? This morning was my morning. As an avid learner and lover of music as a whole, on the surface of my Ipod are the glorious songs of the 60's 70's and 80's where real music rented an apartment and stayed part time. Curt and Roland better known as 'Tears for fears' rocked out with their hits 'Rule The World' and 'Shout' (which are my personal favorites). Outstanding alone, these guys did their part in the 80' to define pop/Rock music.

Often forgotten being that 80's pop music was headlined by then up and coming Madonna, but when music like this gets left behind for the moment being that we're witnessing history in Madonna is that really a bad thing, when now if you get one hit song, most likely the rest that lag behind are your 'auto tune-filled-off-noted- soon-to-be-has-beens'? I mean check this... these guys 'lagged behind' yet and still sold 22 million world wide...think about it

Mostly made up of dead on stategically placed vocals, ''one foot taps', mulletts galore and longlasting beats that pop, Curt and Roland made your melodic ear spark up with lyrics including: " They give you life/but in return you gave them hell/ As cold as ice/I hope we live to tell the tale/.... songwriters and producers alike should bow at the initial hit of the distinct Anthem born material.

Now Although the facial features of tears for fears while singing brought out the fear in us all (LOL). Their stern unison brings a slight nod and a smile to a musical lovers head. Question: If an amazing band came along with serious vocals that you didn't want to admit but brought a slight nod to your head, would you turn away and not support because of the visual aspect that they bring to your eyes, Or would you say fuck it and love the musical orgasm that they bring you?..If not please don't waste your time pressing play on the youtube people

(Extended History)

Songs from the Big Chair became one of the year's biggest global sellers, eventually being certified triple-platinum in the UK and quintuple-platinum in the US (where it remained the #1 album for five weeks in the summer of 1985) before my time..

"Shout" (#4 UK, #1 in the US, Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, etc., "Everybody Wants to Rule the World", (their biggest UK and Irish hit at #2 and another #1 in the US and in Canada)




70 comments:

  1. Good write up Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. You digged in the back of the Ipod for this one Ms.A.They sing so hard and stern but I like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms.A you told the truth on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. knowing that you listen to this type of music I would love to hear Ms.A's Ipod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they still alive Ms.A? are they still around?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom use to play the song shout all the time wow Ms.A you brought me back with this one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great write up Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe they sold 22 mil SHIT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can see the caliber of music that was being created if they were over shadowed than what does that say? Now a days you got the best than you got the trash.There is no middle tear or one step lower tier

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just like with the album sales and music now its great Em sold over 600k and Drake almost 500k.But what about next week? or next month? Eminem cant put out another album in 6 months... were lucky if we get another the one the way it seems

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have our big artist U2,Beyonce,Eminem,Jay-Z,Kanye West,Drake,Kings Of Leon,Aerosmith,Rolling Stone.....But thats only 9 artist when there's 365 days a year and 12 months in a year.There is just not good enough music now and artist

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats why it seems like such a lag in the music because there are not any really good fillers.To me thats why music sucks today you always have your best but its about that one step below which makes a generation great and when these guys are one step below how can the 80's not be one hell of a generation.....Ms.A great write up I really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  13. They were not first but still sold 22million records this makes our area of turn my swag on music look dumb as hell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoever wrote those last few comments made great points

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its one thing to talk about it we can do that all day but Ms.A's blog Rolling Stone and Billboard along with a couple producers and writers are showing that they care. After this producers will go on to make another Dumb song and it will go number one and we will have to start over again..When will we stop talking about it and be only about good music?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back then in the 70's and 80's no one cared about hating on another artist or producers work because they were equally as good but now that half ass people are being granted into the industry when their gimmick is up they hate on the other that doesn't have a gimmick and is doing this the right way..I don't understand that

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great write up Ms.A you made some very valid points!

    ReplyDelete
  18. In the second paragraph Ms.A you preached!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are some really valid points I hope everyone takes the time out to actually read this

    ReplyDelete
  20. great write up Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  21. His voice is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a very good write up Ms.A I like it

    ReplyDelete
  23. The human Ipod Ms.A does it again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ms.A is the human Ipod I dont know where she pulled this out of

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the Shout song alot it the base line is crazy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent write up Ms.A you killed it

    ReplyDelete
  27. This band was really awesome and they werent the stars of the 80's that's crazy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I dont care what anybody looks like singing just get the note out so I can be entertained.Thats what the music is about

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like the band Ms.A thank you for opening my eyes to them.Shout is nothing to be played with

    ReplyDelete
  30. The first song is my favorite there is nobody that sounds like them now

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing write up Ms.A they do not get recognized much but they have sold millions of records

    ReplyDelete
  32. People get wraped up so much in people's looks damn that I say fuck it and I will tell take the musical orgasam instead

    ReplyDelete
  33. A musical Orgasam I thought I just had those

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ms.A is a musical genius I think she crafted the hell out of this write up

    ReplyDelete
  35. All hail the human Ipod Ms.A you need a store and I would buy a shirt that says my teacher is the human Ipod

    ReplyDelete
  36. You rock Ms.A! you really do

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very good write up Ms.A I love this band and the 80's were an amazing time

    ReplyDelete
  38. Musical Genius? Thats a bit too much don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ms.A that's not that far fetched to think about you being a musica genius

    ReplyDelete
  40. has anybody ever sampled Shout before?

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would buy a shirt that says my reacher is the human Ipod

    ReplyDelete
  42. I want a human Ipod t-shirt and a SAU t-shirt I would really buy it

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great write up Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  44. 22 million records is nothing to laugh at these guys were really good

    ReplyDelete
  45. I would never print up shirts that says that SAU thats so cheesy LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the shout song

    ReplyDelete
  47. Tears of fears is one of my all time favorite songs

    ReplyDelete
  48. LOL Ms.A you dont want human Ipod shirts LOL

    ReplyDelete
  49. I would buy an SAU shirt

    ReplyDelete
  50. Are they still active Ms.A?

    ReplyDelete
  51. In 09' they had an album live from Santa Barbara but I'm not too sure if they are putting out new music..

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great write up Ms.A I never knew that they were the voices behind those songs

    ReplyDelete
  53. the whole 'Human Ipod' thingie is like a pet name you call your man at home...It stays at home. I would just die if I saw one of you with a shirt that says "My teacher Ms.A is a human Ipod' UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I think its cool Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  55. LMFAO I would love to be the person who had it on and you saw me.That moment would make my life

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ms.A would you give me a hug if you saw me with one on? you really are the human ipod this was an amazing ipod

    ReplyDelete
  57. I would probably give you the shirt off my back to cover up a shirt like that LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is an amazing band that should have gotten more credit the production was ahead of its time

    ReplyDelete
  59. LMAO Ms.A I would wear the shirt to

    ReplyDelete
  60. Ms.A where does this knowledge come from? Great write up

    ReplyDelete
  61. I think you topped your last one

    ReplyDelete
  62. Why thank you Rich and thank you for checkin me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. What an amazing read Ms.A great job

    ReplyDelete
  64. Ms.A you kicked ass on this write up your good

    ReplyDelete
  65. Very good write up Ms.A it gives great perspective to just how great the 80's were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Ms.A you are one hell of a writer this was great

    ReplyDelete
  67. I love both songs I think Im gonna download both albums

    ReplyDelete