Friday, July 23, 2010

90's Euro Dance, The Grandfather Of "New Pop"...

(I'm serious as Cancer, when I say Rhythm is a dancer)-Glorious Quote from the 90's



Sound that is very much duplicated/influenced by Pop music of the new generation, 90's eurodance music hit the scene in the early 90's with deep penetrating discotheque songs & very fluid rap verses from miscellaneous rappers that added only flair to the eurodance song of choice. "Mr.Vein' & 'Rhythm is A Dancer' (Which is claimed to be the first eurodance song ever) shot to the top of the charts in 92' & 93' showing that the times of smooth R&B of the late 80's was damn near dead for the moment and Dance +BPM Of 130+ were here for the mean time, keeping the dance floor radiant & your head-a-boppin.
As progression of dance hit the 00's with artists like Robyn (Every Heartbeat), B.E.P, Draft Punk, and DJ's like Funkerman, Kaskade, Laurent Wolf, Benny Benassi and the now infamous David Guetta these people are suggesting that this is more of a movement and they in fact won't stop until every fist has been pumped!

Extended info:

"Rhythm Is a Dancer" is a song recorded by the act Snap!, released as a single in the second quarter of 1992, from the album The Madman's Return. It was written by Benito Benitez, John "Virgo" Garrett III (aliases for German producers Michael Münzing and Luca Anzilotti), Thea Austin and Durron Butler and produced by Snap! It achieved a huge success in many countries, becoming a top 5 hit in the U.S. and topping the charts in France, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Germany and the UK. It has been argued that it was the first eurodance single ever released.


'Mr Vein'

Written by Steven Levis, Nosie Katzmann and Jay Supreme and produced by Torsten Fenslau and Peter Zweier, Mr. Vain was the biggest selling single across Europe in 1993. Typical of the Eurodance style of the time, the song first broke in Germany before breaking more widely through the summer, eventually topping the chart in twelve countries. It reached number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 and earned a gold disc.

52 comments:

  1. This was an amazing time in music

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is where all this new pop music started from WOW this was really good compared to what we hear now

    ReplyDelete
  3. This thecno sound is amazing it has substance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its crazy that after all of these years David brought this sound back to the US

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the old sound better

    ReplyDelete
  6. euro dance has so much substance but what we are hearing now is just a fad I think but David and the others that was mentioned are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great write up Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  8. The old sound I can get with now but now everyone wants to sound techno it will get played out like tpain sooner or later

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its starting to get played out now David is to over satuated

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of the songs you posted Ms.A are HOTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed this time where David has brought back the sound its been fun but it will get old soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. so this is where it started from great info Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the rhythm is a dancer song it is GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know you guys, we can say that it will get played out soon but truthfully Techno is a genre of music not a fad I.E 'a certain person's sound' can grow to be a fad that will get played out soon but over seas this is the top type of music other than classical that will live on forever. So I think the "pop techno" sound could eventually get old but the Techno sound will live forever...have you guys ever been to a club outside the states? the two songs I posted and others alike from the producers I named are all you hear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to a club in Moracco before and David Guetta was doing a set there and the entire night no hip hop was played just this type of music.It was amazing one of the best nights ever I forgot I was doing a job I really enjoyed myself I loved this type of music

    ReplyDelete
  16. David Guetta had a vision of bringing this type of music back to the US.Whenever it gets played out it will still be on fire overseas

    ReplyDelete
  17. your right Ms.A I went to a club in the U.K and this techno music goes hard the whole night!

    ReplyDelete
  18. In my opinion most clubs in the US are just stand around freakfest.Everybody wants to look so good nobody wants to dance and everybody is looking for sex

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clubs over there where they play this type of music nobody cares who is in there a great party is about to happen.They party for real overseas

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this type of music

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I go to a club you can count on me dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Write Up Ms.A!

    ReplyDelete
  23. the guys over here in the US eye fuck the women and spot their prey I hate it I would love to dance to music like this

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is the truth about clubs over here its just a big fashion show and see who is on the menu for the night SMH

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really good write up Ms.A I cant hate on David for bringing this type of music back to the US there was an opening and he took it

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that David brought this over to the US I got a feeling was my shit

    ReplyDelete
  27. But nothing beats the old school stuff like in Ms.A write up that music is so good

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi SAU! Thank you very much for crediting me with bringing the sound back to the U.S.A.But I did not I realized that there was a market when I heard these 2 songs.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sMKX22BHeE&feature=avmsc2

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_aC5xPQ2f4&feature=avmsc2

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Mr. Guetta we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The genius who put those 2 songs together is who I credit for bringing the sound back to the U.S in this era.He kicked down the door I just walked through

    ReplyDelete
  31. How sweet of you Mr. Guetta!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ms.A the site is looking better than ever have a great weekend SAU!.Magnificent write up aswell Ms.A

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wonder who did those two songs?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Guetta your the truth keep doing your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I forgot about those records!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dag that was the first time we heard songs like that in the US Guetta is real as hell for giving whoever the credit they deserve

    ReplyDelete
  37. He's telling the truth those 2 songs are what started it.It was definetly a different sound that our ears were not ready for it came at the right time

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great Write Up Ms.A the 90's techno is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  39. Chris Brown and Neyo haven't sounded the same since these two

    ReplyDelete
  40. Chris Brown was on top OMG that song was everywhere and I use to love it and Ne-Yo's song

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ms.A those 2 records that you posted with the writeup got me dancing like its 5 o clock

    ReplyDelete
  42. Amazing write up Ms.A?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nash where you at buddy want to come say something now?

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ms.A has the best write up's

    ReplyDelete
  45. The 90's techno music a great era

    ReplyDelete