Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lupe Fiasco's Fans Have His Back....



Late last week, Lupe Fiasco fans took to the Internet to start an online petition for the release of Lupe Fiasco's "Lasers" album .The Fiasco one Thanked the fans for the online Petition against Atlantic Records for the release of his album.

Lupe Said:
I love to see progression. I love it. I love to see this petition, It brought me to tears a couple of times like, ‘These n***as really f**k with me. All these kids and these fans f**k with me and it’s some positive s**t. Go to Wearenotlosers.com and see what ‘Lasers’ really is… That’s what they’re petitioning for. Listen to ‘I’m Beamin’, the song. It reaffirms what we’re doing.”

Fiasco went on to say that he believes the album has not been a priority for Atlantic as it does not contain conventional ‘hit’ singles.

"I don’t think the label cares about an album. I don’t think n***as care. People just want their number one record. They don’t care about the rest of the album. I was talking to an engineer the other day and he said, ‘These n***as don’t even care about mixing an album no more’. They just want the first three songs. Three singles. They get them, one, two, three, they don’t care what’s on the rest of the album. I know this for sure. I’ve seen it. You can’t blame them because of the attention span of the game and the attention span of music, how fast things are going. You only got them one, two, three shots. I’m not no fool. I’m looking at it like, ‘Yeah, you’re right’. It’s not necessarily a standoff. Record executives at the company signed the petition. That’s no bulls**t. It’s something that’s systematic. At the end of the day, everything I’m talking don’t mean s**t until they feel like they gonna move with what they gonna move with. They could put Lupe Fiasco on the shelf forever. At the end of the day, it’s not about me going to war or having a standoff. It’s about having an agreement that’s mutually beneficial, and I think we’ve done that.”

SAU Whatcha think?

8 comments:

  1. Its crazy how you can have no rights when it comes to your record label as an artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when his album was going to come out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it see's the light of day soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats wrong how there doing Lupe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope he gets to come out soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Labels are getting dumber and dumber each day

    ReplyDelete