Thursday, July 29, 2010

T.I. Covers Jet Magazine....



T.I. is the latest artist to cover Jet Magazine in which the rapper did the photo shoot at his home. "The album is coming along tentatively" Says T.I. "Between August and September"

Here are some tidbits from the wide-ranging interview.

The books he read while in prison:

The bestseller “Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking” by Malcolm Gladwell. "It's about how recognizing small things make a big impact in your life,” T.I. says. "I also read in its entirety “The Coldest Winter Ever” and “Midnight” (both by Sister Souljah). “I read those in two days a piece. Those are the only novels I read, everything else I read for information." Another book that captivated him was “Superman To Man,” (by J. A. Rogers), which deals with whites feeling they were superior to blacks. "A white man got on the train feeling like Superman and he got off that train feeling like just a man."

What he’s reading now:

Since he's been home, he's been reading the dictionary, searching for proper spellings of words. “I just try to keep my vocabulary sharp,” he says.

What he’s teaching his six children:

A doting dad, he says he is teaching his children, who range in age from 2 to 14 to "be passionate about the things that move you and follow that passion. I am trying to teach them with great reward comes great responsibility. The more you have the more you are required, obligated to do. With no struggle, there is no progress. That's what I am trying to teach them."

3 comments:

  1. its about time he's talking about something else other than drugs and guns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so happy he is not talking about drugs and guns in this interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good to see that he knows about something else other than guns

    ReplyDelete