Friday, July 16, 2010

Throwback Of The Day....The Isley Brothers "Summer Breeze"



"Summer Breeze" is a 1972 soft rock, top-10-charting single by Seals and Crofts that has been covered by The Isley Brothers and many others. The song was covered in a harder rock/soulful style by The Isley Brothers as a single in 1974. Issued also on their 1973 album, 3 + 3, it reached number sixty on the pop singles chart, number ten on the R&B singles chart, and number sixteen on the UK singles chart. The Isleys' version is notable not only for the harmonies of the three vocal Isleys O'Kelly, Rudolph and lead singer Ronald but also for the guitar solo by younger brother Ernie.

Absolutely one of my favorites....

12 comments:

  1. Im at my desk flying away into the Summer breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms.A got me feeling right with this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms.A is wrong for doing this to me OMG this is real music right here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this shit feels so good I have to go download it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the Isley Brothers put out some new material soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This song feels right they dont make these type of songs anymore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms.A has got me from wanting to wind to now sing like Im am the most talented singer ever.I love this song and this type of music make you feel a certain way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Music is not like this anymore WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish music now was this good this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have aged a little but MAN can they put on a show. I saw the group at Ironstone winery and I would see them again. The music is still amazing!

    ReplyDelete