Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Music: Bruno Mars "Just The Way You Are'



It looks like Bruno Mars is out on his own for good, with releasing his video for "The Other Side" Ft Cee-lo and B.o.B. and now giving us at least a step up from his original EP with his first single from his debut album (coming this year) 'Just The Way You Are'.


"It's hard to put myself in a box," says Mars of the EP's contents. "I just write songs that I strongly believe in and that are coming from inside. There's no tricks. It's honesty with big melodies. And I'm singing the s*** out of them."

I would love to see more of Bruno's character as an artist on this up coming album. Although this song is very easy going and 'Pop radio friendly',I still have no clue who he is as an artist and believe it or not that's the thing that ultimately sells records now (a good record and connection)....hopefully he can proceed to give us that as he continues to tour... In other Bruno Mars news the singer is on his way to his biggest US tour schedule to date. The Hawaiian-born artist will support Maroon 5 on the fall leg of their 2010 "Hands All Over" Tour, joining a bill that also includes One Republic(Who will tour until the word tour is non-existent, hence why they are platinum!). The dates begin October 6th at Santa Barbara, California's Santa Barbara Bowl and then continue through an October 19th show at Tulsa, Oklahoma's BOK Center...

3 comments:

  1. I think he should have worked the song with Cee-Lo first and spend time artist developing longer because he is alot like an uncooked piece of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think he is ready for the big time I saw him at some award show last night looking really stupid

    ReplyDelete