Monday, August 30, 2010

'Can I Get A Sample'? Eve Ft Alicia Keys "Gangsta Lovin"



Samples seem to make the world of music that much better. Taking a piece of a beat (Or verse) from a previous artist can absolutely bring a sworm of hype around your track. Taking it back to 2002, rapper Eve released a track from her third studio album titled "Eve-Olution" mixed in a little Alicia Keys and a sample from 80's group Yarbrough and Peoples' "Don't Stop the Music". This sample (Sung on the chorus by A.keys "I just wanna rock you alllllll night long") took Eve to hold her second consecutive number-two hit on the Billboard Hot 100 as well as her third consecutive top ten hit in the United Kingdom....Very creative and nice sample gotta love it, and can't get enough of the original track by Yarbrough and Peoples....



Sample starts at: 2:58

12 comments:

  1. Ms.A comesback with new features I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will this be a continuing feature? I hope so

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one I use to hear my mother play that song all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn where the hell is Eve?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this stays a new segment I like this I think samples are cool if done right

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to love this song Eve had a string of hits

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to have a crush on EVE I thought she was so rough but so lady like I love it

    ReplyDelete