Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Vid: Estelle "Freak" Ft Kardinall Offishal


I guess the "American Boy" Turned Estelle into a "Freak" but not before some controversy....The singer is getting a bit of backlash because of the black face painting on her face and body in the video. The singer commented on the situation to MTV saying "I think they need to wait to see the clip. I could defend myself, but it's just silly," she responded to MTV about the criticism. "I'm black, so how do I do black face? Missy [Elliott] did the same thing [with her video]. She's a B***h. I refuse to defend it, I didn't put any white ring around my mouth - never that."

"Freak" is taken from Estelle's forthcoming studio album "All of Me" which is planned to be released later this year.
Now the song is no "American Boy" but it might grow on me....

No comments:

Post a Comment